Saturday, June 18, 2011

Focused

I was spending some time in God's creation focusing on small details like a single leaf and a blade of grass. I was reminded of the fact that when our eyes are focused on something everything else around it becomes a blur. I soon realized that Yahweh was trying to teach me a lesson. The simple question came to my mind. "Rachel where is your focus?". It became clear to me that when my eyes are focused on my self, my comfort, my ideas, my circumstances, my pain etc. I cannot see Christ clearly and He becomes only a blur. I become full of my worries, fears, self gratification, selfishness and anxiety.  Even if I am still faced in the right direction even if my gaze is right next to Him if I put my energy in focusing on something else I cannot see Him clearly. We must keep our focused on Him alone day by day moment by moment. As our eyes are focused on Him He will become are all, our satisfaction. He will replace our worries, fears, selfishness, anxiety and fill us with Himself!


2Co 4:18  While we look not at the things which are seen, but at the things which are not seen: for the things which are seen are temporal; but the things which are not seen are eternal. 


Sever me from myself that I may be grateful to you;
may I perish to myself that I may be safe in you;
may I die to myself that I may live in you;
may I wither to myself that I may blossom in you;
may I be emptied of myself that I may abound in you;
may I be nothing to myself that I may be all to you.
By: Desiderius Erasmus 1469-1536



May the King get the reward of 
His sufferings in our lives!


With Love,
Rachel Hartman

No comments:

Post a Comment